Monday, June 18, 2018

Who is Pastor Peter Mabonga?

Pastor Peter, founder of Siloam Community Outreach, shares his story and passion for children. He does not share all his hardships here.  "But Jesus said to him, 'No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.'” (Luke 9:62)

Here is his story, in his words.


"Briefly, let me share that I grew up with a single mother; despite the hard life I went through I feel bad seeing orphans and vulnerable children passing through a similar life. After completing my course as a social worker in my life, I love helping others in need so one day God told me to leave the job and go and serve Him. On November 18, 2012, I started Siloam Community Church-Jinja after observing and assessing the community I found that many children in church were not attending school due to the hard life and being parentless. This made me ask God how I could help these kids and we finally opened up Siloam Junior Academy and registered the school with the government as a faith based organization on January 26, 2014. It was at that time I shared with mama Lynette about the ministry and she started praying with us and supporting us.  Since that time, Lake Union Church also began supporting Siloam for which we are grateful.
My passion is to see these children uplifted spiritually, psychologically, emotionally, economically and physically. I want them to be encouraged and supported to be fruitful citizens to the kingdom of God and their communities.  Thus, we nurture them through the church.

Our ten-year dream/plan is to see these children graduating in various professions and/or serving on missionary teams. We plan to establish secondary schools, vocational training schools, and a health center to support vulnerable people and orphans around the community. Together with your support for a permanent school on land we own, Siloam will not have to pay rent for the land or permits from the government of Uganda due to temporary facilities. This reduction in cost ($500/year for rented land) directly helps the children in many ways.

Thank you very much and God bless you all as you support us.  We love you; much blessings. Peter"

No comments:

Post a Comment